Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
We know that as Thanksgiving approaches, everywhere you look you'll probably see some sort of pumpkin dessert calling your name - the internet being no exception. And although there is no shortage of pumpkin dessert recipes out there, we still felt the need to include these delicious, fluffy, and moist pumpkin cupcakes. The pumpkin spice flavor is extremely well-balanced, and the cream cheese frosting puts the cupcake flavor over the edge to near perfection. These cupcakes are guaranteed to satisfy any pumpkin dessert lover, and will be an instant hit at your Thanksgiving feast, or wherever you serve them.
Before You Get Started Making Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Weigh/Measure all the ingredients
Choose your favorite cupcake liner
Remove butter and cream cheese to soften at room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degree (F)
Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients And Amounts (Yields ~14 cupcakes)
1 cup (140g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp (3g) baking powder
1/2 tsp (1g) cinnamon
1/2 tsp (2g) baking soda
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
1 cup (220g) pumpkin puree
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (112g) vegetable oil
2 (100g) large eggs - lightly beaten
Cream Cheese Frosting
3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter - softened at room temperature
1 8oz (226g) cream cheese - softened at room temperature
3 cups (345g) confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
1 tsp (4g) vanilla extract
Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting Step-By-Step Directions
For Pumpkin Cupcakes1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a mixing bowl if using a handheld mixer) sift flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
3) In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and lightly beaten eggs.
4) With the mixer on low speed, combine the wet mixture with the dry ingredients. Mix for about 30-45 seconds until all the ingredients are combined.
5) Fill each cupcake liner about half full and bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6) Place cupcakes on a cooling rack to cool completely.
For Cream Cheese Frosting1) Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or mixing bowl if using a handheld mixer) on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2) With the mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until combined (we recommend sifting the powdered sugar for a smoother frosting).
3) Add vanilla extract, then turn mixer to med-high speed and mix for about 4-5 minutes. This will lend to a light and fluffy frosting.
4) Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
Pumpkin Cupcakes With a Cream Cheese Frosting Sweet Notes
We piped our cupcakes with a French star tip and topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon
If the frosting is a little too soft for piping, place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes. When it's cold, it will be easier to spread or pipe
Keep cream cheese frosting refrigerated. Take the cupcakes out about 30-60 minutes before serving to come to room temperature
Recipe adapted From Damn Delicious