Nutella Filled Cinnamon Cupcakes With Nutella Frosting Recipe
Cinnamon cupcakes by themselves, are delicious and flavorful, but if you're feeling extra sassy this week, then try making these Nutella filled cinnamon cupcakes with Nutella frosting. Nutella's hazelnut, chocolaty flavor catapults these cinnamon cupcakes to a whole new level. With the hidden Nutella inside of the cupcake, and the rich, smooth Nutella frosting accompanying the cinnamon cake, you might feel the need to write the people who make Nutella a thank you note for their wonderful creation.
Before You Get Started Making Nutella Filled Cinnamon Cupcakes With Nutella Frosting
Measure/Weigh all of the ingredients
Remove butter, eggs, and milk from the refrigerator to come to room temperature
Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
Nutella Filled Cinnamon Cupcakes With Nutella Frosting Ingredients And Amounts (Yields 18-20 cupcakes)
1 1/2 cups (210g) all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp (4g) baking soda
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
2 tsp (6g) cinnamon
1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter - softened at room temperature
1 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
3 (150g) eggs
1 tsp (4g) vanilla extract
2/3 cup (161g) whole milk
1 tbsp (19g) Nutella
1 cup (227g) unsalted butter - softened at room temperature
2 cups (230g) confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
3/4 cup (228g) Nutella
2-3 tbsp (30-45g) heavy cream
2 tsp (8g) vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Nutella Filled Cinnamon Cupcakes With Nutella Frosting Step-By-Step Directions
Nutella Filled Cinnamon Cupcakes1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
2) In a mixing bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together and set aside.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or mixing bowl if using a handheld mixer) combine butter and sugar and mix on medium high speed for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
4) With the mixer on low, add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined. Then, add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition (30-45 seconds).
5) Add the dry ingredients, set aside from Step 2, alternating with the milk in a few additions. Start and end with the dry ingredients.
6) Fill cupcake liners about 2/3rd full.
7) Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Spoon 1 tbsp of Nutella onto the baking sheet and place in the freezer for a few minutes to harden a bit (spoon as many as needed for the cupcakes).
8) Place 1 tbsp of the hardened Nutella onto each cupcake . No need to push the Nutella down, as it will sink into the middle once it's baking.
9) Bake for 14-17 minutes or when a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. Make sure not to over bake the cupcake.
Nutella Frosting1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or mixing bowl if using a handheld mixer) mix butter on medium speed until smooth.
2) With the mixer on low, add in the powdered sugar, combining well (sift powdered sugar for a smoother frosting).
3) Add the vanilla and Nutella and mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes.
4) With the mixer on low, add in 2 tbsp of the heavy cream. If the frosting is too thick, add in the other tablespoon of heavy cream. Add in a pinch of salt and mix well.
Nutella Filled Cinnamon Cupcakes With Nutella Frosting Sweet Notes
You don't have to freeze the tablespoons of Nutella, but it does make it a bit easier to place them onto the cupcake batter