Jack Daniel's Whiskey Fudge Frosting Recipe
Jack Daniel's Whiskey Fudge Frosting is a decadent frosting with a mild whiskey flavor that we use on our cake in our Jack Daniel's Whiskey Experience. In this recipe you can increase or decrease the amount of whiskey to your specific taste preferences. The best part of this recipe is that you can get the perfect whiskey/fudge balance that you're looking for since you can add a small amounts of whiskey and taste, continuing to add more until you've hit your whiskey-librium - not a real term, we just made that up... possibly while "tasting" this frosting ;) And we want to make sure this frosting looks as good as it tastes, so make sure you check out this free online cake class offered by Craftsy for those all-important frosting tips & tricks.
Before You Get Started Making The Jack Daniel's Whiskey Fudge Frosting
Measure/Weigh all the ingredients
Get a saucepan ready with an inch or two of simmering water
Whiskey Fudge Frosting Ingredients & Amounts (yields ~ 5 cups)
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (45g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (90g) boiling water
1 and 1/2 cups (341g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
1 pound (452g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
Whiskey: start at 1 teaspoon and add until you get to your desired strength (whiskey-librium)
Whiskey Fudge Frosting Step-By-Step Directions
1) Pour boiling water over the cocoa powder in a bowl. Using a whisk, mix the cocoa powder well. Set aside.
2) Fill a saucepan with about an inch or so of water and bring to a simmer.
3) Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place on saucepan (making sure water does not touch the bowl) and stir occasionally until all the chocolate is melted, place to the side to cool.
4) In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or hand mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until it's light in color, and fluffy in texture.
5) Reduce speed on the mixer to low and slowly add the the cooled chocolate.
6) Once that is incorporated, add the cocoa powder/water mixture from step 1.
7) Lastly, add Jack Daniel's Whiskey by starting with a teaspoon and adding more until you get to your desired strength (Remember- You can always add more but cannot take any away). Mix well on medium, remembering to scrape the sides of the bowl when needed.
8) Frost your cake or store your frosting in a bowl for later use.
Jack Daniel's Whiskey Fudge Frosting Sweet Notes
High-quality chocolate does make a big difference when baking. We suggest purchasing it for your fillings and frostings
If you refrigerate the frosting, take it out the morning you plan to use it so it can come to room temp
You can easily omit the Jack Daniels and still have an amazing Fudge Frosting, but then it wouldn't be a Jack Daniel's Whiskey Fudge Frosting
Recipe adapted from Sweetapolita