Before You Get Started Making Fall Pumpkin Cookies
Be aware that you should chill this dough in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, so plan accordingly
Measure/Weigh all the ingredients
Prepare your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats
Take butter and egg out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature
Fall Pumpkin Cookies Ingredients and Amounts (Yields ~35 cookies)
2 cups (280g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5g) baking soda
1 tsp (5g) salt
2 tsp (6g) cinnamon
1/4 tsp (big pinch) ground ginger
1/8 tsp (pinch) pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp (pinch) ground cloves
2 cups (200g) rolled oats (we used instant oats)
1 cup (227g) unsalted butter-softened at room temperature
1 cup (220g) firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
1 cup (220g) pumpkin puree (we used canned pumpkin)
1 tsp (4g) vanilla extract
1 (50g) egg - room temperature
1 cup (200g) semisweet chocolate chips
Fall Pumpkin Cookies Step-By-Step Directions
1) Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, pumpkin pie spice, ground cloves together into a large bowl. Add the rolled oats into the bowl and mix everything together. Set aside.
2) Add the butter, granulated sugar, and dark brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or mixing bowl if using a handheld mixer). Mix on medium speed for five minutes until creamy.
3) Next, add pumpkin, vanilla, and egg to butter/sugar mixture on low speed until everything is combined.
4) Add the dry ingredients in two additions to the mixing bowl on low speed. Mix just until incorporated, then fold in chocolate chips.
5) Wrap up the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6) Once dough has been refrigerated, preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
7) Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons), scoop cookies into balls and place 1-inch apart on a baking sheet.
8) Bake for 15-17 minutes until cookies are lightly browned, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking.
9) Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack for a few minutes and then transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Fall Pumpkin Cookies Sweet Notes
Feel free to add nuts, cranberries, white chocolate chips, or any ingredient that strikes your fancy
Store these cookies in an airtight container. Best eaten fresh within 3 days but last longer