Before You Get Started Making Cream Cheese Frosting
Measure/Weigh all the ingredients
Take butter and cream cheese out of refrigerator to soften
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients and Amounts (Yields 3 cups)
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter - room temperature
8 oz (227g) cream cheese - softened
4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
2 tsp (8g) vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting Step-By-Step Directions
1) Sift powdered sugar in a bowl and set aside.
2) Whip butter and cream cheese in stand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3) Add powdered sugar in cup by cup on low speed till combined.
4) Add vanilla extract and then whip frosting on high for 4 minutes.
5) That's it! Just pipe your frosting as needed.