Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
August 13, 2013
Cream cheese frosting is by far our favorite frosting. We will take it over any kind of buttercream any time, any day! This tangy, sweet frosting goes extremely well with our favorite flavors, chocolate, vanilla, carrot, red velvet. strawberry... you name it, and cream cheese frosting can make an already tasty treat, even tastier.
Before You Get Started Making Cream Cheese Frosting
Measure/Weigh all the ingredients
Take butter and cream cheese out of refrigerator to soften
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients and Amounts (Yields 3 cups)
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter - room temperature
8 oz (227g) cream cheese - softened
4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
2 tsp (8g) vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting Step-By-Step Directions
1) Sift powdered sugar in a bowl and set aside.
2) Whip butter and cream cheese in stand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3) Add powdered sugar in cup by cup on low speed till combined.
4) Add vanilla extract and then whip frosting on high for 4 minutes.
5) That's it! Just pipe your frosting as needed.