DIY Twine Light Bulb Pears
These Twine Light Bulb Pears are a little rustic, a little country, and a lot cute. We thought these would make a great centerpiece for a small dinner party, or even a big Thanksgiving feast. Place the twine light bulb pears in a bowl for decoration, attach a paper leaf to use as a place setting, or just display them as you see fit. They are quite simple to assemble, and just require a little bit of your time. With some easy supplies, such as a household light bulb, twine, glue gun, and some small twigs, you're ready to get crafting.
Twine Light Bulb Pears Supplies
Small Twig/Apple or Pear Stem
Twine Light Bulb Pears Step-By-Step Instructions1) Collect all of your supplies.
2) Begin by making a tight circle with the twine. Put a dot of hot glue onto the back of the spun twine to keep it together.
3) Glue the spun twine onto the top center of the light bulb, centering it as you apply.
4) Wrap the twine around the light bulb, making sure to keep the twine close together. Glue as you go along.
5) Keep on going...
6) Once you get toward the bottom of the light bulb, turn it over (if you haven't already) and put a dab of glue on the bottom center (now the top) and add the stem or twig. Once it's attached, continue wrapping the twine around until you have wrapped the bottom of the stem completely.
7) Tada! Your adorable new twine pear is ready.
Twine Light Bulb Pears Sweet Notes
We tried different ways of applying the glue. When we wrapped the twine around the biggest section of the light bulb, we applied glue all the way around. When we got toward the smaller/thinner section of the light bulb, we added dots of glue spaced out. That seemed to work the best for us
Any light bulbs will work fine, just avoid fluorescent bulbs in case you accidentally break one since they contain mercury
comments powered by Disqus