DIY Acorn Place Cards
These DIY acorn place cards are perfect for a fall dinner or for a Thanksgiving feast. You can use them as place cards for each of your guests names, or for labeling your food/desserts on the table. We personally love to use these types of placecards to label our desserts in our Dessert Experiences. Make these once and reuse them year after year.
DIY Acorn Place Cards Supplies
Small Acorns - 2 acorns per place card or dessert label
Thread - color of your choice (we used brown)
Great Vibes font
DIY Acorn Place Cards Step-By-Step DirectionsNOTE: These instructions are specifically for the size and shape of our place card template. If you're going to vary the size or shape of your place cards you'll have to adjust these instructions slightly to make it work. Click Here to download the photoshop template file. You're also going to need to download the Great Vibes font to work with this template. If you don't have photoshop, you can instead use these blank place cards and write in your own place card names.
1) Disconnect the acorn caps from the acorn by using a twisting motion. Make sure to clean the acorns well and to keep the disconnected acorn parts together, so you have the right acorn top for the bottom. Set the acorns aside.
2) With the thread color of your choice, cut a piece of thread 23 inches long.
3) Insert the thread into the needle.
4) Poke the needle through the top of the acorn cap.
5) Pull the needle all the way through the acorn cap. This can get a little tough, but just keep on pulling.
6) Once the thread is through, take one end and tie a knot. Try to make the knot as far to the end of the thread as possible. You may need to make 2-3 knots so the thread doesn't slide right through the cap.
7) Pull the knot into the acorn top and put a dot of hot glue onto the thread.
8) Push the acorn back into it's cap and let the hot glue set for a few seconds.
9) Repeat steps 1-8 on the other side of the string with the other acorn.
10) Take your place card and put the double sided acorn thread underneath it.
11) Criss cross the acorns above the place card and then wrap them around one more time going below and then above the placecard. At this point the acrons should just meet in the center top of the place card.
12) The acorns will then meet in the front of the card. At this point you will just twist the acorns together.
13) You're all done, the acorns will hang just a bit. Since the thread is just twisted, you can untwist them after use and use them for another occasion.
DIY Acorn Place Cards Sweet Notes
Make these acorn place cards at your next dinner party to impress your guests or use them as dinner or dessert labels